The musical Sunset Boulevard is now touring the UK, with appearances in Woking, Bristol, Wimbledon, Liverpool, Southend, Canterbury, Sheffield, Ipswich, Plymouth and more.
The Tony Award-winning show from Andrew Lloyd Webber features unforgettable music, such as “With One Look,” “Sunset Boulevard,” “The Perfect Year,” and “The Greatest Star of All.”
The production features a full orchestra to truly bring the story to life.
Ria Jones and Danny Mac star as Norma Desmond and Joe Gillis in a tragic tale of love. The story, based on the film and novel, follows a silent-screen actress who has fallen out of fame. Norma, living in a fantasy world, meets Joe Gillis, a starving screenwriter.
Joe finds his way into Norma’s reclusive world, and is persuaded to write a script that she believes will put her back in the spotlight. Joe, seduced by her lifestyle, finds himself trapped in her claustrophobic world until he falls in love with another woman. His newfound love leads him to break free from Norma’s spell, but his actions have dramatic consequences.
The show’s talented cast includes:
- Ria Jones as Norma Desmond. Ria is known for her roles in the TV shows Torchwood, The Angina Monologues and Showstoppers. Her theatre credits include 42nd Street, West End Women, Jerrys Girls, Chess, Next to Normal, Anything Goes and Les Misérables.
- Danny Mac as Joe Gillis. Danny appeared on Strictly Come Dancing in 2016, losing in the final round to Ore Oduba. Adam trained at the Guildford School of Acting. This theatre credits include Sweeney Todd, The Light Princess, Love Neer Dies and Alice in Wonderland.
- Molly Lynch as Betty Schaefer. Molly trained at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. Her theatre credits include Sweeney Todd and Fiddler on the Roof.
Other cast members include:
- Adam Pearce as Max Von Meyerling.
- Dougie Carter as Artie Green.
- Carl Sanderson as Cecil B. DeMille.
- Bernadette Bangura as Jean.
- Benjamin Chambers as Jonesy.
- Kristoffer Hellstrom as Sheldrake.
- Simon Loughton as Manfred.
- James Meunier as Myron.
- Gemma Naylor as Marilyn.
- Fiona O’Carroll as Joanna.
- Joanna O’Hare as Morino.
- Jessica Paul as Dawn.
- Sam Peggs as Hog Eye.
- Tom Vincent as Cliff.
- Barney Wilksonson as Adam.
The Sunset Boulevard film was released in 1950 and directed by the legendary Billy Wilder. Charles Brackett co-wrote and produced the movie.
In the film, Gloria Swanson takes on the role of Normal Desmond and Joe Gillis plays William Holden. The movie was nominated for 11 Academy Awards and won three of them.